HEAD OF TALENT
In this highly strategic role, the Head of Talent will be responsible for ensuring the most prospective candidates apply for the leadership program and the best fit ones get selected. He/She will also be responsible for positioning Teach For Ukraine as an employer of choice for candidates who want to become the driving force of change in the education sector.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and Marketing (50%)
- Develop and implement a data-driven recruitment strategy to best identify potential candidates and motivate them to apply
- Inspire and influence top college seniors and alumni to choose to teach instead of pursuing other opportunities
- Build and maintain partnership relationships with student leaders, youth organizations representatives and career services professionals to assist with the overall recruitment campaign
- Organize and hold recruitment events and actively engage in target audience events to access potential candidates
- Work together with the Communication Manager to develop and implement effective marketing campaigns in order to attract potential fellows and build strong brand awareness.
- Collect and analyze data to measure effectiveness of individual strategies and overall recruitment campaigns
- Selection (45%)
- Plan and execute the selection process, including engagement, training and management of external evaluators
- Ensure that all the changes applied are data driven and there is a learning loop between the selection process and the classroom
- Matriculation (5%)
- Manage the matriculation process for all accepted candidates
- Plan and organize matriculation events to ensure selected candidates join the program
- Work together with the Head of Placement to match selected fellows with partner schools
- At least Bachelor’s degree from reputable university (Ukrainian or international)
- 3-5 years of prior experience in project management, HR or other related fields
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- Strong alignment to Teach For Ukraine mission, vision and core values
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills in Ukrainian and in English
- Experience organizing events and logistically supporting various types of activities (preferred)
- Successful experience in managing teams to achieve ambitious results (preferred)
- Deeply understands the mission of Teach For Ukraine and strongly believes that every child should have the opportunity to develop their full potential
- Is able to develop and execute an ambitious and complex strategy efficiently
- Has experience collecting, analyzing and using data to inform strategic and tactical decisions
- Is able to flexibly adjust strategy when unexpected obstacles emerge
- Is able to effectively operate independently and as part of a team in a high‐intensity, high-uncertainty start-up environment
- Is highly organized with proven time management skills and experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Is able to build and sustain strong relationships quickly with a diverse pool of individuals
- Is able to engagingly present to small and large groups
Because we are a start-up organization, every staff member in our organization is expected to pitch in as needed outside of his/her department as well. This would include, for example, helping with organizing non-recruitment related events, ex. fundraisers, monthly meetings with fellows, logistically supporting the Summer Institute, and providing other assistance essential to the success of our mission. As a member of the Teach For All network, all team members are also expected to share knowledge and best practices and to work effectively with the broader network.
We offer a competitive salary, based on previous experience. Additionally, there is ample opportunity for professional development through the Teach For All global network and our other partners.
How to apply
To apply for the position please send your CV and a cover letter answering the following three questions to email@example.com by November 7.
- What motivates you to join Teach For Ukraine team
- Why are you interested in this position and what makes you a great candidate
- Why you think young people should join Teach For Ukraine program
Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you so much for dedicating time and showing your interest. Even if you are not short-listed please support our movement. Please join our group on FACEBOOK, follow us on INSTAGRAM.
Educational inequity is influencing lives of millions of Ukrainian children and it will take all of us working together to fight it!